It’s time to register for preschool! Having a day (or several) off during the week is a wonderful thing for both moms and kids. You get some much needed time alone (or adult time), and they get to learn and interact with other kids and adults.
Below are Mothers Day Out and Preschool programs recommended by moms on the PAM Facebook page. If you have additional recommendations please share them via a comment. And if you’re looking for full-time care check out the Recommended Daycares post.
Alpha Montessori was good for my girl
Apple Creek Private Preschool is excellent and NAEYC accredited. Highly recommend!
- Ark adventure by St Elizabeth Ann, great school
- Ark Adventure Preschool is very good. Your child can go from 9:30 to 12 or stay until 2 and they don’t do naps at school. From 12-2 they eat lunch and have a special class (science, math, reading, art, music, or Spanish)
Canyon Creek Day School is absolutely wonderful and meets all of your wishes for half day preschool and can scale up to full time, full week. The director, Alicia Webb, is wonderful to speak with and offers tours any time.
Carpe Diem Private Preschool
Allen, Frisco & Richardson
full-time and part-time programs starting at 3 months
We love CUMC!! It’s off Parker and Coit!!
- We use Custer Parkway Preschool. They offer 1/2 and 3/4 days on a 2-3-5 day schedule. They’re prices are very reasonable and the have a lie teacher turnover.
- I also highly recommend Custer Parkway Preschool in Plano. There is usually a wait list to get on, but my daughter has excelled there! They keep the classes small and the runs 18m-Pre-K.
- My twin boys attended Custer Parkway Preschool from age 3-5 when we moved to the area. It’s a smaller, independently owned school. The teachers and staff were great!
First Baptist Plano has a wonderful program. They offer a T/Th MDO from 9-2 and also a full time daycare with structured curriculum.
- FUMC has a wonderful program
- I love the Weekday Program at FUMC Plano!
- I drive from the Stonebriar mall area for my daughter to finish her third and final year there, she attends five days with after school care. We use to live closer but it is worth the drive.
Grace Presbyterian day school is awesome!!!
Hunters Glen Baptist Childhood Learning Center
4001 Custer Rd, Plano
3 months to Pre-Kindergarten
9am – 2pm plus extended hours available
Legacy Church preschool is awesome.
- LifePoint Preschool. It’s ages 18 months-TK. Hours are from 9-2 Monday-Thursday.
- We love Lifepoint on Preston Meadow and Hedgecoxe.
- So glad you featured LifePoint! My son is starting his fourth year there in September. We couldn’t be happier!
- I LOVE Little Marvels Montessori. My daughter has been going there since she was 3 months – she’ll be 3 in dec. we have another on the way we’ve already signed up. The teachers are great and I’m pleased with how much she learns each week. She enjoys ‘school’.
- We’ve been at Little Marvels Montessori for 5 years with 2 boys. My youngest is in class with Kat’s daughter and has been there since he was 8 wks. My oldest is now in 1st grade, testing at 3rd grade level in both reading and math. The Montessori method and the teachers at LMM are definitely responsible for that foundation. I’m a fan!
- My 4 yr old has been at Little Marvels Montessori since he was 4 months and is excelling at a 1st grade level at reading among other things. I love the teachers and supportive staff, not to mention their flexible schedule with two working parents. My 16 month twins have been their since they were babies as well. Love this place!
- All three of my kids went there for MDO and preschool. Best place ever. And I used to teach there too.
- Parkway Hills has an excellent program with very small class sizes
- My final child attended Parkway Hills because I needed the longer hours for him. A fantastic program
My son goes to plano day school off of ohio/Parker. They have five half days.
Programs for disabled, Chinese Bilingual, economically disadvantaged and more.
- Plano ISD offers a great Early Childhood program. I think there are three different locations in Plano. The kids can start there when they turn 3. My son went there for 3 years and we absolutely loved it. He also made a lot of friends there that continued on at the same elementary as him as well.
- Early learning center at the plano senior high! Def recommend this to everyone with 3s n 4s!
- Plano West has a preschool with a teacher who is certified to teach both preschooler and secondary education. High school students who want to be teachers are student teachers. This program is different from Beaty, Pearson, or Isaacs Early Childhood Schools. Preschoolers qualify for school their based on their needs/disabilities or they have typically developing students whose parents pay tuition. 2 of my kids went to the West preschool and we loved it. My final child attended Parkway Hills because I needed the longer hours for him. Both were fantastic programs.
My 5 yr old has gone to Preston Park Montessori Academy since he was 7 weeks old! It’s at Ohio and Park.
Richmond hill Montessori. Love it, small class groups, excellent learning environment