The Plano City Council unanimously approved the purchase of 2.8 acres of land for Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve. The land at 3421 E. Parker Road will serve as an addition to the park’s southeast corner.
Want to report a busted sidewalk, pothole, stray pets or overgrown yards? Download the Fix It Plano app and report it from your phone!
A local mom group has created a Facebook page and GoFundMe site to help support their friend Elizabeth and her daughter Sophia, who started having seizures before Christmas and will need to have several surgeries. They are raffling off gift baskets for donations. Learn more at Mommies Unite to Help Sophia.
Are you concerned about the future density of Plano? The Plano Tomorrow plan is a long-range plan for growth that includes growing the population of Plano by 50,000 to 80,000 by inserting dense mid-rise residential apartments and urban mixed use developments throughout the city. Some citizens are concerned about how this will effect our schools, water supply and roads. You can read more about the city’s plan at PlanoTomorrow.org and the citizens fighting it at PlanoFuture.org. I recommend you join the email list of PlanoFuture to stay informed.
- The Hub Street Food Port food truck park has been approved for a 1.2-acre tract at 14th Street and M Avenue and should be open later this year.
- Aw Shucks Oyster Bar will open in the former Cedars Woodfire Grill location at 4710 Preston Road, Frisco by June 1st
- Thunderbird Roller Rink in Plano is now home to the Assassination City Roller Derby league.
- Austin Avenue Grill & Sports Bar at 935 W. Parker Road, Plano, was damaged by a fire in July 2011 and is currently being rebuilt. They hope to reopen in time for football season.
- Four Bullets Brewery will open soon at 640 N. Interurban Street, Richardson and TUPPs Brewery plans to open May 2nd at 721 Anderson, McKinney
- Blue Fish Japanese and Asian Fusion concept restaurant is expected to open in June and Hickory Kitchen burger and barbecue restaurant with a patio will open this summer at Granite Park, Plano (at Highway 121 near the Dallas North Tollway)
- Shops at Park Lane across from NorthPark Center in Dallas are getting 2 outlets – F21 red (Forever 21 outlet, opening this fall) and J. Crew Factory (opening July)
- Trader Joe’s will open late this year or early next year at the Pepper Square Shopping Center in Far North Dallas.
- Tasty Cup cafe opened at 2220 Coit Rd, Plano offering bubble tea, coffee and smoothies
- BBQ Nation opened at 3825 W. Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano offering certified zabiha halal meats from throughout the world.
- The Shell Shack and Torchy’s Tacos opened at 1855 Dallas Parkway, Plano (near Costco)
- World of Beer restaurant opened at 1941 Preston Rd