Where are the Best Places to Live according to Money Magazine? The third best is Plano! “A corporate center with a small-town vibe…the lowest crime rate of any Texas city and some of the lowest taxes in the region.” Check out the article here. And this is just after last week, where Wallethub also named Plano number three on their list of Best Cities for Families. Wow!
Is that facial product not working out like you thought it would? Stephens (Richardson) is currently searching for men and women ages 18-50 for a facial regimen study. Qualified participants will be compensated $125 for time, travel, and to give their opinion. Qualifications: male or female 18-50 years old with normal, oily, dry, or combination skin. Interested in joining the study? Contact Stephens at 972-852-5866 or [email protected] and reference C16-D151.
You’re invited to a FREE photography workshop (for all levels) happening Saturday, October 1 at the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park from 8:30am-12:15pm. The workshop will feature training sessions by professional photographers with tips on studio lighting and metering, posing and self-marketing, including social media and networking. To attend, register here, and sign up as a Picture Parties independent photographer here. Picture Parties help you throw fun gatherings that include photo sessions, so it’s like Mini Session with your friends! Learn more on their website.
The Family Place, the largest family violence service provider in Texas, has opened a resale shop at their new counseling center at 207 N. Church Street, McKinney. Join them for a Grand Opening on Wednesday, September 21 from 4:30-7pm with drinks and appetizers plus a 10% discount in the Resale Boutique. RSVP to [email protected].
Who is excited about the new Restaurant Row coming to The Shops at Willow Bend? Check out this video of the former Saks Fifth Avenue being torn down last week for the new entrance and restaurant area. For a map of the project check out this Instagram post.
- The Granite Park mixed-use development (SE corner of DNT and Sam Rayburn) has signed three restaurants to their “Boardwalk” restaurant row: Chips Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Hook Line and Sinker and Union Bear. The new restaurants are expected to open in the first quarter of 2017.
- Daiso Japan dollar store is holding their Grand Opening at 101 W Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano on Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24 at 10am. Read more here.
- Indoor play place Safari Run has changed their pricing structure from hourly to daily, so it’s now a flat $10 to visit as long as you’d like (adults are still free). PAM Review
- The Asian-focused Frisco Ranch shopping center will open mid-2017 at the northeast corner of Preston Road and Warren Parkway with a 99 Ranch Market, a Daiso Japan dollar store and an 85°C Bakery Cafe
- State Fair Treats retro-themed diner opens September 20 inside the 425 Coit Rd Walmart in the former McDonalds spot.
- Dollar Plus Family Store opened at 820 W. Spring Creek Parkway