The Plano West Senior High Marching Band will be conducting their 2015 Wolfpack Prowl fundraiser parade in the neighborhoods around Plano West (White Rock Creek Estates, Castlemere, Windhaven Farms, Huntingdon Green) on Saturday, October 3rd starting at 9:30am with a mini concert in the south parking lot of Brinker Elementary at 1pm.
Girls on the Run is now taking registrations for their 3rd – 5th grade girls only running program at Plano Family YMCA. The 10-week program is designed to allow every girl to recognize her inner strength, inspiring girls to define their lives on their own terms. Physical activity is woven into the program to inspire an appreciation of fitness and to build habits that lead to a lifetime of health. At the end of the session the girls participate in a Girls on the Run 5k event.
Legacy Church Mops group is seeking childcare workers for the first and third Fridays from 9-11:30am. If interested or know someone that is please email Lori at lzettler@LegacyChurch.org.
Six Flags Over Texas announced plans for a major expansion of the “Gotham City” section of the park that will include two new rides and one re-branded ride that will launch in the spring. The trio of villain-themed rides includes: The Riddler Revenge, Catwoman Whip, and Harley Quinn Spinsanity. The rides will be positioned near Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast “giving guests an epic dose of villainous coasters after enjoying Batman The Ride.”
Got a child interested in archaeology? October is Archaeology Awareness Month in Texas, so the Interurban Railway Museum has a special exhibit open. Check it out!
The United States will host some of the 2016 Women’s Olympic Soccer Qualifying Championship games in Frisco from February 10-21, 2016. More info here.
- The Dallas-based home furnishings catalog Wisteria is opening an outlet store at 13460 Midway in Farmers Branch in October.
- Hugs Cafe will open next month in historic downtown McKinney. The cafe is designed to employ adults with special needs and is the first of its kind in North Texas.
- Sushi Haruya opened next to Specs Liquors at Park and the Tollway.
- A Nike store opened on Preston Rd. near Park (by Nordstrom Rack)
- Burger 21 is opening at 5757 Main Street, Frisco
- PICKUP is a new app-based moving service to get your stuff to where it needs to go, and it’s operating in North Texas. More info.
- The founder of Mattito’s is opening Tavolo at 6129 Main St. in Frisco this year.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt opened at Preston Towne Crossing (4801 W Park Blvd)
- Used Lego store Bricks & Minifigs is opening at 7224 Independence Parkway on Saturday, September 26th
- The Barre Code women’s fitness studio opened in August at 4757 W. Park Blvd.
- Mah-Jong Chinese Kitchen opened at 4025 Preston Rd (Lakeside Market)
- Jimmy’s Egg restaurant opened at 8900 Ohio Dr
- Pure Glow beauty boutique opened at 5700 Granite Parkway