Do you own a great camera but wish you knew how to use it beyond keeping it in auto mode? Taylor Jackson with Barefeet Creative and Lauren Tarpley of Lauren Tarpley Photography are joining forces to offer a Beginner’s Photography Workshop on January 9, 2016, from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm in Richardson. This would make an awesome Christmas gift, so forward this post to your husband or parents now! You’ll get a discount if you register before November 21st, and you’ll also get Taylor’s recent book, “A Mommy’s Guide to Taking Better Pictures.” Taylor is a mother of three and a professional photographer with nine years of experience (and she’s been teaching mommies how to take great pictures for five years).
Plano ISD eighth graders and their parents are invited to attend information sessions on the three Academy Programs (IB World School at Plano East, Academy High School and Health Sciences Academy) November 5th – December 8th. You can also learn more about these schools online here.
The Plano community is invited to vote on three layout design options for the Carpenter Skate Park. Go here to view the design options and give feedback on your favorite.
Are you concerned about the potential for high-density apartments in the Plano Tomorrow Plan? A lot of residents feel this plan will be great for developers and land owners and bad for home owners as it was not done in partnership with the school system. As Plano ISD Trustee Yoram Solomon recently stated: “given the importance of education to the value of land, shouldn’t PISD be consulted with before locking down this plan? Shouldn’t education have been a higher priority than one of three items of one of two items of one of five pillars of the plan?” A group of concerned citizens are collecting signatures to force the city to bring this plan to a citizen vote. The petition must be completed before November 10th to be valid. Visit PlanoFuture.org or the Smart Plano Future Facebook page for petition locations. You must be a register Plano voter to sign the petition.
- The Sheplers store in Frisco, and five other D-FW locations, are now Boot Barn stores.
- Dude, Sweet Chocolate opening in downtown Plano in November
- New Stores are opening at Grapevine Mills: Crewcuts, The Limited Outlet, Five Below, Swarovski and Converse.
- Viyet.com high-end furniture, lighting and accessories consignment website is now servicing Dallas. Consigned items are from local residences and designers.
- Aloft Hotel is coming to waters Creek in Allen March 2018.
- Viceroy Indian Restaurant opened at 8740 Ohio Dr, Plano
- Annapurna Indian Restaurant opened at 9720 Coit Rd, Plano
- Cedars Mediterranean Mezza & Grill opened at 4940 SH 121, Plano
- Edelweiss School of Music will open later this month at 4140 Legacy Dr.
- Hollywood Feed pet supplies store will open at 6940 Coit Rd, Plano
- The Yoga Factory and Wellness Center opened at 5800 Legacy Dr, Plano.
- Fiore X7 Flower Bar opened at 6300 Preston Rd offering floral arrangements and workshops.
- A new mixed-use development is going in at 8105 Rasor Blvd with 40,000 sq ft of office space and 8,500 sq ft of retail and restaurant space. It should be completed December 2016.
- Tight End Sports Bar and Grill will open at 5584 SH 121 this month (formerly Quaker Steak and Lube).
- ZaLat Pizza opened at 1032 E. 15th Street (formerly DaLat Vietnamese Food).
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit opened it’s fourth Plano location at 5301 Alma Dr.
- Farm Truck Market is opening November 7th at The Shops at Willow Bend food court.
- Princi Italia will open later this month at 3300 Dallas Parkway.
- Elliott’s Hardware moved to 2300 Coit Rd