Pretend it’s summer for a little bit with a visit to Bahama Bucks in Plano (8700 Preston Rd, near Stonebriar) for Free Sno Day on Tuesday, December 1st! Stop by between noon and 10pm and grab a 12 oz. Sno (shaved ice) of any flavor for FREE! We checked the place out last week and the number of flavors is insane! My little kid loved his birthday cake Sno, and they have five special holiday flavors: Gingerbread, Candy Cane, Apple Cinnamon, Pecan Pie and Eggnog. They have a drive through and also sell smoothies, gourmet sodas, frozen coffee drinks and SnoBalls (snow balls in a cooler – so cool). Participation in this promo varies by location, so check others before you head out. The Plano location is owned by a local family with three young boys. Stop by and tell them Suzanne from Plano Area Moms sent you.
City House is opening their new Youth Resource Center and administrative offices (corner of Ave. H and 18th, Plano) on Tuesday, December 1st. Founded in 1988 by two Plano schoolteachers, City House runs an emergency shelter for children newborn to 17 years old, a Transitional Living Program for homeless young adults 18-to-21 years old, and community counseling to local youth and families who need it, focusing on easing and working through family conflict. Learn more here.
Want to get notified by the City of Plano when there is a local emergency? Fill out this form and you can get a text message for emergencies like tornado warnings and missing child reports.
Congratulations to Cameron Moore, a kindergartner at Hickey Elementary in Plano, for having a riddle selected in the “Little Book – Big Laughs” book published by UnitedHealthcare (proceeds support families of sick children through the UnitedHealthcare Children’s Foundation). Buy it for less than $6 on Amazon.com.
- Top Pot Doughnuts opened at CityLine in Richardson (1251 State St) serving donuts, coffee and soft serve ice cream.
- A local entrepreneur is raising money to open Muffinmeow Cafe and Cat Lounge (where you can eat and pet kitties) in Richardson next Spring.
- Safari Run indoor play place is under construction at 2300 Coit Rd and plans to open in February.
- Haagen-Dazs opened in the Prestonwood Park shopping center (6505 West Park Blvd).
- Lion & Crown Pub opened at Watters Creek
- The updated Studio Movie Grill in Plano should be opening on December 17th (just in time for Star Wars) with 4 additional screens, new seating and a new lobby bar area.
- Children’s Health Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine started construction on a new four-story, 185,000-sq-ft building at their Plano campus.
- Frisco’s Wade Park development (on the Tollway) has increased their planned retail. The development will now contain almost as much retail and restaurant space as a shopping mall. Tenants will include Whole Foods, retailers Arhaus, MiniLuxe, The Lash Lounge, iPic Theaters and Pinstripes plus restaurants Thirteen Pies, Steel City Pops and The Rustic. A 175-room Hotel Zaza is planned and Langham Hotels & Resorts plans to build a 250-room hotel.
- Snap Kitchen opened their 9th store in the DFW area at 5717 Legacy Dr. in The Shops at Legacy.
- Hotel Indigo will open at 3150 Avenue of the Stars in Frisco by summer 2017. It will have 110 hotel rooms (6 stories) and a Blacklands Bar & Grill.