The Hope Center, a nonprofit organization working to strengthen the impact of Christian nonprofits in North Texas and worldwide, will participate in the National Day of Prayer by hosting a gathering this Thursday, May 5th at their Plano campus, 2001 W. Plano Parkway. An All-American hot dog lunch will be offered for a nominal charge at 11am, followed by speakers at noon, the keynote speaker is Tommy Nelson, author and Senior Pastor at Denton Bible Church. More info and registration here.
Forget the flowers! Pay tribute to mom by entering Hilton’s #FlashbackForMom Mother’s Day Photo Recreation Contest! Win free Mother’s Day brunch for six at Carso Mediterranean Grill, meet Executive Chef Katoch and enjoy a free night stay at Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park. Visit the Hilton Dallas/Plano Granite Park Facebook page for contest details. All entries due by Tuesday, May 3rd. The photo with the most likes wins! Show your mom you will always be her little boy or girl and will always remember how to make her laugh.
Plano Firefighters will be in Plano intersections May 2nd-7th for their annual annual Fill-the-Boot campaign, collecting donations for the Muscular Dystrophy Association during morning and evening rush hour. Last year they collected $88,000. Funds go towards research and summer camps for kids with MD, like Camp John Marc in Meridian, TX.
- Verts Mediterranean Grill opened at 1855 Dallas Pkwy, Plano on April 30th
- Menchie’s frozen yogurt will open late June at 8255 Preston Rd, Plano
- Women’s clothing store Lauren James Co will open at The Shops at Legacy this summer
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar will open at 8401 Preston Rd, Plano (check out our visit to the Addison location here)
- Your Pro Kitchen will offer shared commercial kitchen space at 2011 W. Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano starting mid-May
- McAlister’s will open at 8245 Preston Rd, Plano mid-June
- Into My Garden: Tea Room, Cafe & Catering reopened at 1726 K. Ave, Plano after being closed for a year. They are now offering space for baby showers, birthday parties and more.
- Below 40 Poke House Hawaiian-Japanese fusion restaurant opened at 1921 Preston Rd, Plano (former space of How Do You Roll)
- LA Burger opened at 3216 E. Hebron Pkwy, Plano offering burgers with a Korean flavor
- Chef Crab opened at 3033 W. Parker Rd, Plano offering Canjun-style cooking
- Fadia’s Lebanese Restaurant will open soon at 910 W. Parker Rd offering traditional Lebanese sweets and dinner items
- Fast-casual Mexican restaurant Rosa’s Cafe & Tortilla Factory will open at 420 Coit Rd in July
- Dugg Burger will open mid-May near the intersection of Park and Ohio, near Studio Movie Grill.