It’s not too late to take the City of Plano citizen survey. They are looking at your satisfaction with city services and using to results to help set priorities for the city.
The Dallas Arboretum added a parking garage on Garland Rd, across from children’s adventure garden, which re-opened for the season last weekend. The Lay Family Garden and Dallas Blooms exhibits are also now open.
Legoland Discovery Center is opening a new exhibit – LEGO® Ninjago Training Camp. See if you have what it takes to join the Ninja Team! Across the hall…SEA LIFE Grapevine is adding a Giant Pacific Octopus! This is the largest octopus in the world, with arms up to 7 feet long, three hearts and blue blood. Both additions are open starting Friday, March 6th.
Plano ISD is ending the Plano Chinese bilingual program after this school year due to lack of interest. Read more here.
Southwest is adding direct flights from Love to the following cities on April 8th: Charleston, SC (one of my favorite places!), Columbus, OH, Indianapolis, Memphis (visit my website EastMemphisMoms.com to learn about a family vacation there), Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle, Sacramento and San Jose, CA.
- A 115-room, six-story Hampton Inn and Suites is under construction near Nebraska Furniture Mart in The Colony and should open early next year. Once it’s completed they will start construction of a 126-room Homewood Suites by Hilton in the same area.
- Gander Mountain (hunting, fishing, outdoor gear) is opening a 61,100 sq ft store in Eldorado Marketplace in Frisco this fall
- Krispy Kream has opened up shop in Allen (604 McDermott Dr), Frisco (8815 Preston Rd) and Richardson (507 W. Belt Line). Get ’em hot!
- Dubs Tea and Water and Lily’s Cafe both opened at 3100 Independence Pkwy, Plano
- The Day Spa and Sweet and Sugar Children’s Boutique will open at Junction 15 Apartments at 930 E. 15th St, Plano
- JB Jewelers opened at 1921 Preston Rd, Plano
- Bottle and Bottega art studio opened at 1900 Preston Rd, Plano
- Bahama Buck’s opened at 8700 Preston Rd, Plano serving shaved ice, smoothies and more.
- The Tom Thumb at 4836 W. Park Blvd is now Minyard Sun Fresh Market
- World of Beer will open at 1941 Preston Rd this spring
- Coram Deo Academy, a private K-12 Christian school opened at 9645 Independence Pkwy, Plano
- Chitos Mexican Restaurant opened at 3937 N. Central Expressway, Plano