Plano is participating in the Great American Cleanup on Saturday, April 11. Organize a group, select a park, creek or neighborhood to clean up and register. Pick up your cleaning supplies April 15 – 17, do your clean up and then head to Plano Centre (with your trash bags) for the GAC Celebration from 11am-2pm. There will be music, recycled arts and crafts, a recycling truck to check out, face painting animal adoptions, food trucks and more! It’s all here.
Do you have a child entering kindergarten this fall? Plano ISD registration for the 2015-16 school year will be held at Kindergarten Roundup on Friday, March 27, 2015. New kindergarten students should register at their assigned schools between 9-11am or 1-3pm. No appointment is necessary. More info here.
St. Andrew United Methodist Church is holding their annual Prom Closet Tuesday-Thursday, March 24-26 from 4-8pm and Saturday, March 28 from 9am-noon. The only requirement to shop is that the student shows up. They have dresses, shoes, handbags, evening wraps, and jewelry.
Are you concerned about the number of proposed apartments for Plano? The current Plano Tomorrow plan is to double the current number of apartments and increase the city population by 25% Many residents are concerned about this “urbanization” of Plano. Check out the Plano Future website for more information.
Plano’s General Election will be Saturday, May 9, 2015. You must register by Thursday, April 9 to vote. There are x (out of 8) City Council spots on the ballot. All Council members run and serve at large which means that all Council Members represent the entire City and likewise the entire City may vote for all eight places as they come due regardless of where they may reside in the City. More info here.
- Coconut’s Fish Cafe is opening this month at 1900 Preston Rd
- Torchy’s Tacos is expected to open in late April at 1855 Dallas Parkway with a special kids ‘n family area
- Amazeballz, a cake ball bakery, will open soon (April?) at 930 E. 15th St, Plano
- Juicer Heroes raw juice bar will open at 2100 Dallas Pkwy (Polo Towne Crossing) soon
- A new Kent Rathbun Concepts restaurant, Hickory, is scheduled to open by the end of April at 8100 Dallas Parkway.
- Cedars Mediterranean Mezza & Grill is coming soon to Frisco.
- Family-Fun-Park passes and sodas at Adventure Landing (57% Off)
- Up to 90% off a Kids’ Fairy Photo Shoot at Enchanted Fairies Studio.
- Tumbling, Cheer, or Gymnastics classes at Infinite Bounds (Up to 70% Off)
- $119 for a five-day Robotics Day-Camp session from Robots-4-U
- $75 for a Geppetto’s Birthday Party for up to 8 kids from Geppetto’s Theater & Workshop
- Open-Bounce Passes at BounceU (Up to 59% Off)
- Five-day Kids’ Art Camp from Dynamic Art Design
- Admission at Thunderbird Roller Rink (Up to 50% Off)
- $20 for 2 30-minute Indoor Surf Wave Machine sessions at AquaShop
- Kids’ Cooking Class at Young Chefs Academy Frisco (38% Off)
- Two Hours of Jumping at Urban Air Trampoline Park