School of Rock Plano is now open at 1501 Preston Rd, offering guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and/or vocals to kids ages 4 and up. My older son participated in this program at a couple of other locations and it’s awesome. Their performance-based program helped him to learn quickly, and the next thing you know he was performing with a band, then as he learned more he got to play at real venues. It was so cool. They teach any skill level, and are offering 20% off your first month’s tuition. Music in a team-based environment is today’s gateway to education, confidence, fun, friendship, and so much more. Visit their website to learn more and sign up for a free trial lesson, and go here for 30% off their summer camps (through the end of April.
The Caring for Children Foundation of Texas Care Van Program will offer free vaccinations for children from 5 – 7pm March 24th at the Chase Oaks Family Center, 1896 Avenue K, Plano. Learn more here.
Congratulations to Hughston Elementary PE teacher Benjamin Pirillo for being named the Southern District Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year by the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America). Check out his YouTube channel for tons of kid exercise videos including a bunch to KidzBop songs!
It’s time to sign up for the annual Great American Cleanup in Plano on Saturday, April 16th. Join a team on sign up a team here.
- Hash House A Go Go opens this Friday at 1900 Preston Road (previously Patrizio’s)
- Albertsons at 1301 Custer Rd is closing April 23rd
- All Texas Sports Authority stores are closing. I stopped by the West Plano store this week. The higher end clothing is still only 10% off, but the fleece (Nike, UA, etc.) is now 30% off and outerwear (all brands) is now 40% off, so you can get great deals on winter clothing.
- Campisi restaurant is moving from 3115 W. Parker Road to 4709 W. Parker Road, Plano.
- Sushi Lover Modern Japanese Cuisine opened at 8908 Ohio Dr, Plano
- Teeth R Us Children’s Dentistry opened at 4865 Hedgecox Rd, Plano
- Not Your Mama’s Quilt Store is moving from Marketplace Boutiques to 4152 W Spring Creek Pkwy and celebrates their grand opening on April 1st.
- The vacant land at he SW corner of Spring Creek and Preston Road is being rezoned to be a HEB Grocery Store.