Bricks 4 Kidz is offing a $40 discount on any Plano camp (held at Legacy Church, 4501 Legacy Drive) to the first 10 people who respond to email Londa Grierson at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention Plano Area Moms! Their half-day, hands-on camps include Bricks 4 Girlz, A Pirates Quest, robotics, and Mining and Crafting. Kids ages 5-13 have fun with LEGO® bricks while also learning science, math, and engineering concepts (shhh…don’t tell them, they just think it’s fun). The camps have a fast, varied pace with guided projects and challenges as well as time for free-play. Learn more on their website.
Oak Point Preserve is getting a new nature center this August – Oak Point Nature and Retreat Center. It will include a visitor’s center, nature center, multiuse event rooms and office space for city staff. Displays will include an interactive map highlighting the area’s geology, hydrology, plants, animals and history. The rooms all have great views and are available to rent out.
Congratulations to the City of Plano for being certified with a 4 out of 5 STAR (Sustainability Tools for Assessing & Rating Communities)! It was rated in the following categories: livability, resource efficiency, education, arts and community, citizen equity and inclusion, access to quality jobs, health and safety and projection of natural resources.
Want to throw a neighborhood party? Plano now has a Pop-Up Party Trailer you can borrow for FREE if your neighborhood is registered as a Neighborhood Group with the City’s BEST Neighborhood Division. It includes tables, chairs, games, coolers and more. Read more here.
If your house was built 35+ years ago and your taxes and insurance are under $271,350 you could (there are income restrictions) receive repairs and renovation rebate assistance up to $5,000 every 12 months from the Great Update Rebate with the City of Plano! Learn more here.
It’s time to register yourself to be a volunteer at Plano ISD for the 2015-16 school year. You need to be registered to go on a field trip or do anything at the school that includes interaction with kids. You need to do this each year. Go here to learn more and fill out the forms.
- Cedars Mediterranean Mezza & Grill opened at 4940 SH 121.
- The Corner Vet opened at 1820 Coit Rd, no appointment necessary
- Cowboys Nail Bar opened a second location at 2208 Dallas Parkway. They also provide waxing, facials and massages.
- Winner’s BBQ opened at 3200 14th Street
- Benefit Cosmetics is coming to The Shops at Legacy this fall.
- Hard Knocks Beyond Laser Tag will open this fall at 8740 Ohio Drive offering non-projectile and pain-free laser tag with technology adapted from military combat simulation training.
- Aw Shucks opened in Frisco in the Tom Thumb shopping center (SE corner of Preston and Lebanon)
- Rockfish Seafood Grill will open in Frisco near Main Event (Frisco Market shopping center – NW corner of DNT and Main)
- Microsoft opened at retail store at Stonebriar Centre and donated about $1.5 million in technology grants to various local organizations including the Boys and Girls Club of Collin County, the Dallas Arboretum and the Frisco Public Library.
- Texas’ first Tom+Chee grilled cheese restaurant will open July 16 in Richardson.
- Movie tickets at Studio Movie Grill for just $5
- 48% off horseback riding lessons at Mill-Again Stables in Plano
- Up to 50% off skating at Thunderbird Roller Rink
- Up to 50% off mini golf at Lunar Mini Golf
- Up to 59% off passes to Bounce U
- Up to 58% off ice skating at a Dr. Pepper StarCenter
- Up to 38% off kids cooking classes at Young Chefs Academy in Frisco
- Up to 70% off tumbling, cheer, or gymnastics classes at Infinite Bounds
- Buffet and a $10 Play Card for 1 or 2 for $10 at Amazing Jake’s
- At least half off Techno Wiz Kids camp (half day, ages 6 to 14) in Plano, Frisco or North Dallas
- Two 30-minute indoor surf sessions at Aqua Shop for $20
- 30% off iKidz Education camp in Frisco
- 38% off indoor paintball at GatSplat