Are you between 10 and 34 weeks pregnant? A baby gender research study could use your help! In exchange they will pay you $25, and you’ll be entered to win a free month of Baby Boot Camp stroller fitness classes (Plano & Carrollton locations). The study is measuring the effectiveness of the IntelliGender prenatal urine-based gender test, so you just need to submit your first morning’s urine (they provide the cup) to a study location (Park Blvd. at Tollway in Plano or 635 at Webb Chapel in Dallas) and agree for it to be tested to confirm pregnancy and then for gender determination. If you don’t want to know the gender results they won’t tell you, but they do want copies of any gender tests (ie. Amnio, ultrasound) and will call you after delivery to find out the gender of your baby. Call Research Across America at 972-4-DOCTOR (972-436-2867), ext. 4 to enroll. They are also doing a diaper give-away contest through the end of July – go here to learn more.
The Plano Interurban Railway Museum has a special Home Runs and Heartaches baseball exhibit running through the end of the year. Learn more about the history of baseball in Texas before the Rangers came to town – and it’s free! Learn more on their Facebook page.
The Frisco Community Development Corp. board approved funding up to $50,000 in renovations to the Sci-Tech Discovery Center to help accommodate a new fall exhibit, Eyellusions which should open in September. The exhibit will be an interactive experience showcasing all the things eyes can perceive. Check out the PAM Review of the Amazing Butterflies exhibit.
The 32nd Annual Friends of the Plano Public Library Book Sale is happening Friday, August 7th. Learn more here.
Spark! is a new creative space in Dallas for kids. They provide children from second grade to high school with a “fully immersive creative environment and hands-on learning that develops their self-definition as creative individuals.” From the video on their website this place looks like part City Museum (in St. Louis) and part art project space. Visits to Spark! are limited to groups of kids in 2nd grade and above. This looks like an amazing field trip!
- The Medical Center of Plano opened a satellite office at 9255 Dallas Parkway, Frisco
- Studio Movie Grill Plano is now closed for work on their renovation, their new location in The Colony opens July 30th.
- Burger 21 fast-casual hamburger restaurant will open in October at the Tower at Frisco Square
- ZuZu Handmade Mexican Food is opening two Frisco locations this fall: one in Frisco Square and one on FM 423
- Vincent’s Seafood in Plano is closing this weekend, read more here.
- A $900 million mixed-use development is being built by Rosewood Property Co. on Bush Turnpike just west of U.S. Highway 75. The 156-acre development is planned to include offices, retail, restaurants apartments and homes. Read more here.