The walk-in freezer at Minnie’s Food Pantry stopped working and they lost all of the food – $25,000 worth! Thankfully it’s been repaired, but they could use some help replacing the food and paying for the repairs. Donate online here
North Pole Express tickets are now on sale! For only $25 a ticket, your family will enjoy a unique “Family Christmas Memory” aboard the Grapevine Vintage Railroad’s North Pole Express. Trains run November 25 – 27 and December 2 – 4, 9 – 11, 16 – 23. Learn more here. Tickets are also on sale for The Polar Express Train Ride in Palestine, TX, read one mom’s experience on this PAM Review.
The 25th annual American Girl Fashion Show® is this October 22 & 23 in Frisco, organized by the Junior League of Collin County as a fundraiser for local charities. Girls sized 6x or 10 are needed to model, and applications are accepted through July 29. Learn more here.
Love books? The Plano Public Library Book Sale is happening August 5th-7th at Plano Centre. Select from nearly 100,000 gently used books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books, records and more. All items are $2 or less each. Friday 6-10pm ($5/person, max. $10/family), Saturday 10am-6pm (free) and Sunday 11am-3pm (free, items are $10/bag). Cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted.
The 5th annual Lucky Duck Duck Race benefiting This Side Up! Family is happening this Saturday at the Tom Muehlenbeck Recreation Center outdoor pool. Adopt a Duck for $5 & you could win $1,000! Purchase your duck here (you don’t have to be at the event to win) then attend the FREE Splashfest Saturday from 6:45-9pm.r
Piada Italian Street Food is opening at CityLine in Richardson on August 10th. Sign up for a FREE lunch or dinner during their Pre-Opening VIP Week here.
- The National Videogame Museum is now available to book private parties such as birthdays (for all ages) and corporate events
- At Home reopened in their new locations at 2704 N. Central Expressway, Plano.
- HomeGoods will open at Preston Park Village shopping center (Total Wine, World Market), 1900 Preston Road in August.
- Dairy Queen opened at 2240 Coit
- Hickory restaurant at The Shops at Legacy has closed and will be replaced with an event space.
- The McDonald’s by Preston and Belt Line in Far North Dallas (14770 Preston Rd) just renovated and added on a big play area.
- Slim Chickens is coming soon on Park Rd in west Plano, in front of the Home Depot.
- Celebrity Bakery will open at 4709 W. Parker Road, Ste. 450 (formerly Chocolate Angel) early August.
- Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill will open by the end of September at 8315 Preston Road
- Cafe Amore (6505 W. Park Blvd) changed its name to Mio Italian Kitchen & Vinoteca
- Italian Bistro opened at 2141 W. Park Blvd
- Cuellars’ Fajita Ranch opened at 3310 N. Central Expressway
- The owner of Kenny’s Burger Joint and Kenny’s Smoke House, will open Kenny’s East Coast Pizza at 4701 W. Park Blvd in August
- Pure Barre Plano is opening soon at 8305 Preston Road
- Taco Casa will open later this summer at 301 Legacy Drive
- XO Coffee Company will open at 1025 E. 15th St by the end of the summer.
- First Watch restaurant is opening at the former EGG and I location on Custer…I think this weekend. They are “still serving breakfast and lunch, but a much fresher healthier menu and decor.”