Are you between 10 and 34 weeks pregnant? A baby gender research study could use your help! In exchange they will pay you $25, and you’ll be entered to win a free month of Baby Boot Camp stroller fitness classes (Plano & Carrollton locations). The study is measuring the effectiveness of the IntelliGender prenatal urine-based gender test, so you just need to submit your first morning’s urine (they provide the cup) to a study location (Park Blvd. at Tollway in Plano or 635 at Webb Chapel in Dallas) and agree for it to be tested to confirm pregnancy and then for gender determination. If you don’t want to know the gender results they won’t tell you, but they do want copies of any gender tests (ie. Amnio, ultrasound) and will call you after delivery to find out the gender of your baby. Call Research Across America at 972-4-DOCTOR (972-436-2867), ext. 4 to enroll.
Dallas CASA’s Parade of Playhouses is open July 10-26 at NorthPark Center. Generous corporations, organizations and individuals designed, built and donated extraordinary children’s playhouses to raise funds so that Dallas CASA can provide more volunteer advocates to help abused children have safe, permanent homes where they can thrive. You can purchase raffle tickets to win the playhouse of your choice. Learn more here.
The Samaritan Inn homeless shelter broke ground last month on the first phase of a new center near their current home at 1710 N. McDonald St. in McKinney. The new building will serve 200 individuals per night. This is the only homeless shelter in Collin County and it currently has 160 beds for men, women and children.
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen opened at 5450 Nebraska Furniture Way The Colony
- Ida Claire restaurant (same owners as Whiskey Cake) opened at 5001 Belt Line Road at Quorum Drive, Addison (former Truluck’s space)
- Wade Park in Frisco (Dallas North Tollway and Lebanon Road) won’t open until Spring 2017 but they are announcing tenants, including Thirteen Pies, The Rustic, Steel City Pops, Torchy’s Tacos, Bread Zeppelin, Whole Foods Market, Hotel Zaza, iPic luxury movie theater, and Pinstripes (bowling, bocce, restaurant)
- Play Street Museum is opening a museum in Plano this August with an Adirondack inspired village & campsite. Read my review of their Frisco location here.
- $25 tickets to the Dallas Gaming Expo July 24-26 in Addison
- 49% off tickets to an FC Dallas soccer match plus a pregame VIP on-field experience 7/18 or 7/25
- Movie tickets at Studio Movie Grill for just $5
- Up to 43% off tickets to Fantasy in Sand
- 48% off horseback riding lessons at Mill-Again Stables in Plano
- Up to 50% off skating at Thunderbird Roller Rink
- Up to 50% off mini golf at Lunar Mini Golf
- Up to 59% off passes to Bounce U
- Up to 58% off ice skating at a Dr. Pepper StarCenter
- Up to 38% off kids cooking classes at Young Chefs Academy in Frisco
- Up to 70% off tumbling, cheer, or gymnastics classes at Infinite Bounds
- Buffet and a $10 Play Card for 1 or 2 for $10 at Amazing Jake’s
- At least half off Techno Wiz Kids camp (half day, ages 6 to 14) in Plano, Frisco or North Dallas
- Two 30-minute indoor surf sessions at Aqua Shop for $20
- 30% off iKidz Education camp in Frisco
- 38% off indoor paintball at GatSplat