Girls on the Run, a life-changing, non-profit prevention program for girls in the 3rd through 8th grade, is currently taking registrations. Their ten-week program meets twice a week and includes warm-ups, running workouts and games. Sessions focus on life lessons in areas such as physical health, respecting yourself and others, nutrition, gratitude, team work and community involvements. All fitness levels are welcome. Informational meeting on Tuesday, January 12th at 6pm in the Haggard Middle School library, the spring session begins February 16th with registration closing March 6th. Visit their website for more information.
Toddler Tuesdays are back at Sea Life Aquarium and Legoland Discovery Center! Visit on Tuesdays in January and February – $15 admission for one adult and two children up to four years of age (2 and under free). Additional children ages 3-12 are just $5.
Go Ape Treetop Adventures is opening a treetop canopy tour at Oak Point Park in Plano. This experience will be for adults and kids 10+. The course will offer more than 40 different obstacles and five zip lines. A 400-square foot operations center will be located in the new Nature & Retreat Center. The article I read didn’t give a time frame but another one says early 2016. Check out the review of another Go Ape course on me Memphis website here: Go Ape Shelby Farms.
Plano student Ross Richards is organizing a Greyhound Adoption Event as part of his Eagle Scout Service Project. It’s on Saturday, February 13th from 1-3p at Three Dog Bakery (5960 W Parker Road). Visit the Greyhound Adoption League of Texas website for more information.
- Bangkok at Beltline opened at 100 S Central Expressway, Richardson
- Tre Wilcox Cooking Concepts is coming to 8200 Preston Rd, Frisco in March offering cooking classes (to adults and kids) and chef event space for rent.
- Hash House restaurant is coming to Plano (Preston Park Village, corner of Preston Road and West Park Boulevard) in March or April
- Burger 21 opens at the Towers at Frisco Square on January 11th
- Thunderbird Roller Rink is undergoing a floor renovation. Visit their website for specifics on open days.
- A Hobby Lobby is under construction in West Plano near Costco (Park Boulevard and Plano Parkway)
- Free Play arcade opened at 1730 East Belt Line Road, Richardson
- Royale Magnificent Burgers & Shakes will open later this month at at 3310 Dallas Parkway, West Plano Village. Mi Dia from Scratch Tex-Mex restaurant opened in the same shopping center in December.
- Asian Delights Cafe opened at 2929 Custer Rd, Plano
- Tailgaters Pub and Grill opened at 8906 Ohio Dr, Plano (they closed their Frisco location last summer)
- Capriotti’s Sandwich Shop at Lakeside Market (4021 Preston, Plano) closed and will reopen after renovations as America’s Best Deli and Sandwiches
- PDQ restaurant opened at 1151 Preston Rd, Plano
- L.A. Bikini hair removal and airbrush tan studio opened at 1855 Dallas Parkway, Plano