The LEGO Star Wars MINILAND Model Display: Episode I The Phantom Menace, will close on February 19th at LEGOLAND Discovery Center. Plan on getting your little Lego fans there before it’s too late. And check your mail for an admission coupon in the free Clipper Magazine – I got mine late last week.
The Frisco Athletic Center is expanding their outdoor aquatic center and it looks amazing! Check out these photos on their Facebook page.
Sonic Sensation is the new traveling exhibit at the Sci-Tech Discovery Center. It will be there through May 10. Experiment with pitch, measure the frequency of sounds, test your hearing, make a movie soundtrack, and experience the popular Scream Chamber and more.
The Dallas Zoo is offering Penguin Days pricing through the end of February, so you can visit for just $5/person! The Dallas Arboretum is also offering $5 admission through Friday, February 27…but the Children’s Adventure Garden is closed, so plan ahead and don’t end up with disappointed kids!
- Firecrust Neapolitan Pizzeria opened at 6509 W. Park Blvd, Plano
- Spirit of Math after-school program opened at Disciples Christian Church in January at 2001 Independence Pkwy, Plano
- Samudraa restaurant opened at 5024 Tennyson Pkwy, Plano serving Indian coastal cuisine
- The Spavia Day Spa opened at 2100 Dallas Pkwy, Plano
- GradePower Learning tutoring program opened at 4152 W. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano
- Smoke restaurant opened at 2408 Preston Rd, Plano
- Pinstack opened at 6205 Dallas Pkwy, Plano offering bowling, indoor games, and a full-service restaurant
- Pickles and Ice Cream maternity boutique in Plano closed, their Dallas location is still open
- Into My Garden tearoom has closed and is planning to reopen at a new location ASAP. Stay tuned!
- Minyard Foods purchased 12 Albertsons and Tom Thumb grocery and will convert them to their brand – Minyard Sun Fresh Markets – by the end of February. There are two Tom Thumb stores being converted: 4836 W Park Blvd, Plano & 3001 Hardin Blvd, McKinney.