The Plano Animal Shelter is offering cat neutering for just 5¢ on Tuesday, February 16th. Appointments are limited to the first 100 cats. Call 972-769-4374 to schedule. Speaking of pets, did you know the City of Plano has a Lost and Found Pet Map online? Check it out here.
SEA LIFE Aquarium is opening a new exhibit – Claws – featuring different crustaceans from around the world including coconut crabs, porcupine crabs, land crabs and even lobsters. To celebrate the opening they are holding a “Sink Your Claws Into Recycling” project. Local artist Val Curry will build a larger-than-life handcrafted crab sculpture made out of over 1,500 soda cans. From February 1st through April 1st, bring in five empty soda cans (must be non-alcoholic) and you’ll get a free kid admission with the purchase of one adult ticket. Bring in five cans for each additional child ages 3-12 and their ticket is just $5. The completed crab sculpture will be unveiled on Earth Day, April 22nd. PAM Review
Learn tips to help you live a healthier life, dress for success, save money and plan for retirement at the Power of 5 presentation. Learn from five dynamic women, and from each other. This free event is on Wednesday, February 17 from 7-8:30pm at the Coffee House Cafe in North Dallas. RSVP here.
Thanks to a $50,000 gift from Raytheon, Sci-Tech Discovery Center will open a 1,250 square foot MakerSpace this summer. This exhibit will encourage children and adults to build things, dream and learn and will include power saws and other woodworking tools plus a 3D printer large enough to make objects that could fit within a 2-foot cube.
Congratulations to Plano West Orchestra for receiving the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) Honor Orchestral award. This is the sixth time they’ve won this award. article
The University of North Texas New College at Frisco is now open and already offering academic classes and professional development courses. The campus is located at 2811 Internet Blvd., just northwest of the Sam Rayburn Tollway / Dallas North Tollway. By fall, they hope to offer degree programs from the New College in fields like data analysis, cybersecurity and communication design.
The Frisco Public Library will be opening a Ready to Read Railroad in June . This ‘early learning’ steam engine will be filled with tools to develop early literacy skills for children up to five years old. The idea is to engage young children in imaginative play – encouraging school readiness skills like talking, playing, reading writing and more.
- Given the beautiful forecast, Skyline Trapeze in Addison is opening in a month early this year with classes starting in early March.
- Brighton is coming to Stonebriar Centre in March
- Extracts Organic Juice Smoothie & Salad Bar opened at 8810 Coleman Blvd, Frisco
- Experimac used Apple products store opened at 4709 W. Parker Rd, Plano
- Mi Dia From Scratch opened at 3310 Dallas Parkway, Plano
- Shredded Supplements opened at 1201 E. Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano
- The Kate Weiser Chocolate pop-up shop at The Shops at Legacy will stay open through February 18th
- Olive Burger will replace Texas Music Lab at 2129 Custer Rd, Plano in March
- My House Fitness will open mid-February at 8200 Preson Rd, Plano
- Kohl’s is closing their East Plano (North Central Expressway & Parker) store February 13th. An At Home store will open there in May, and the At Home in the Anitque Mall at Spring Creek will close.
- Chili’s at 4800 W. Park Rd and Patrizio Italian Restaurant at 1900 Preston Rd have both closed.
- $55 for one month of weekly swim lessons at SafeSplash Swim School (Allen, Carrollton)
- Up to 80% off public skate or lessons at Allen Community Ice Rink
- Half-off admission to Thunderbird Roller Rink
- Up to 40% off a introductory experience at Skyline Trapeze
- 57% off Family-Fun-Park Passes at Adventure Landing
- Two hours of jumping at Urban Air Trampoline Park
- $10 for a buffet and a $10 play card at Amazing Jake’s
- $25 tickets to a Dallas Sidekicks soccer game
- Photography session at Enchanted Fairies starting at $25