Babies are cuter when they’re not crying because of a diaper rash. Stephens and Associates (1801 N Glenville Dr, Richardson) is seeking babies (boys and girls) ages 1-24 months with a diaper rash for an upcoming clinical study. C16-CD139 Qualifications: 1-24 months old (male or female), at least a visible diaper rash, parent/legal guardian must be at least 18 years for age and must be willing to present proof of guardianship at screening. Qualified participants will be compensated up to $175 for time and travel. Interested in signing up? Contact Stephens at 972-852-5866 or email [email protected].
The Fall session of the Rookies program at the Dr. Pepper StarCenter Plano starts September 10th – a FREE introduction to ice hocky for your 8-12 year old. Register here.
The Plano ISD Education Foundation has a school supplies store open to ALL Plano ISD teachers starting September 7th. Do you have leftover supplies to donate? “We are always willing to accept donations of school and office supplies. We have a collection box in the lobby of the Plano ISD Administration Building at 2700 W. 15th Street.” You can also make a tax-deducible donation on their website.
Interested in Boy Scouts? Information sessions are being held at Plano elementary schools September 13-15 (see the schedule here), and there is a Farm-O-Ree event happening at the Heritage Farmstead Museum September 11th presented by the Boy and Girl Scouts (plus the YMCA).
The 3rd annual Spreading Hope Peanut Butter Drive runs the month of September. Bring plastic, regular-sized jars of peanut butter to drop-off sites at the Plano Municipal Center, Plano Fire Station #1, Plano Police Department, any Plano library, Plano Senior Rec Center, Tom Muehlenbeck Rec Center, Liberty Rec Center, Oak Point Rec Center and Carpenter Park Rec Center. One out of three Plano elementary school students is eligible for free or reduced lunch. That amounts to approximately 7,000 hungry children. You can also make a tax-deductible donation to the North Texas Food Bank here, but you might want to wait until North Texas Giving Day (9/22) to help your donation go further!
- Moviehouse & Eatery is opening 8450 SH 121, McKinney on September 22nd.
- Super Chix opened in Richardson at CityLine
- The McDonald’s at Legacy and Coit has a new outdoor playground
- The first Barnes & Noble concept store in the Southwest will open in March 2017 at Legacy West in Plano featuring a restaurant that will serve beer and wine.
- Work has begun at The Shops of Willow Bend with the tear down of the former Saks store. Next fall there will be restaurants there (up to 8) on two levels with rooftop patios and an open-air pedestrian plaza in the middle leading into the mall.
- Whistle Britches opened at 6110 Frankford Road (at Preston Road), Dallas (the converted Sonic Drive-In that was Spork) offering “chicken-centric modern Southern”
- Daiso Japanese dollar store did NOT open yet at 101 W. Spring Creek Pkwy due to issues with their parking lot. Stay tuned!
- Menchie’s frozen yogurt is now open at 8255 Preston Rd
- Tea and coffee shop Sucre Cafe opened at 6100 K Ave
- Dog Haus casual-craft hot dog restaurant will open later this year at 8255 Preston Rd
- I Love Juice Bar will open September 30 at 4021 Preston Rd (Lakeside)
- The Impeccable Pig is moving from 1900 Preston to 5800 Legacy Dr and will re-open in early September, it’s former location will remain open through the end of October.
- Olive Burger opened at 2129 Parker Rd
- Ebert & Gerbert’s sandwich shop opened at 1921 W. 15th Street
- MesoMaya will open this November in the former Chili’s at 4800 W. Parker Rd
- Tropical Smoothie opened at 1939 Preston Rd.
- Plano Super Bowl is just about done with a major renovation with new food, bar with bid TVs, private lanes a VIP room for parties and more.