Go back to school with Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids! Boys and girls will love their fresh look for the first day of school, and they’ll have fun sitting in a cool car while watching their favorite cartoons or Netflix. Two area locations: Frisco North at 11955 Dallas Parkway (NW corner of Eldorado and the Tollway) and Frisco/Plano at 3411 Preston Road, Frisco (SW Corner of Preston and Warren Pkwy). Appointments recommended, call 214-387-8200.
Buckhorn Park (3801 Mission Ridge Dr) is currently closed for renovations including new trees, a walking trail-loop and installing new playground equipment. The playground area will be re-opened before the rest of the park is completed, around September 15th. The rest of the park should be completed by Spring 2017.
More info on The Boardwalk at Granite Park (southeast corner of SH 121 and the Dallas North Tollway) development – the 30,000-square-foot building will be home to six restaurants and construction is expected to be complete in November. The entrance will have fountains leading to an expansive boardwalk with a fire pit. They are going to add six restaurants (there are currently five) with large outdoor patios overlooking the boardwalk and the water. And there will be a children’s play area along the boardwalk!
Back the Blue t-shirts are being sold by the Plano Firefighters Association! $20, youth XS to adult. Proceeds go to the Dallas Assist the Officer Foundation. Buy yours here.
- The first Hurts Donut shop in Texas will open this fall at the new Teel Crossing Center at 3288 Main St, Frisco. They specialize in whimsical and oversized house-made doughnuts.
- Nappy Shoppe is joining with The Nest in Addison to open a second location. The Nest offers prenatal chiropractic, midwifery care, doula services, massage therapy, naturopathy, sonography, birth pool rental, placenta encapsulation, belly binding, and the best cloth diaper & natural parenting retail. Look for the new store later this month.
- Grisham Farms in McKinney is closing to the public! They will be continuing their Zoo Crew traveling small animal program, but will no longer have Open Barn days. The last two will be August 13th & 17th. Check the PAM Calendar for details.
- Kroger and Central Market are now offering delivery in our area via the app Shipt.
- Adventure Kids Playcare drop-in childcare center reopened at 4817 W. Park Blvd after renovations due to hail damage.
- There is a new bubble tea shop at The Shops at Willow Bend food court – Milk Bubbles
- Grub Burger Bar opened at 8255 Preston Rd
- McAlister’s Deli opneed at 8245 Preston Rd
- Celebrity Bakery opened at 4709 W. Parker Rd (former location of Chocolate Angel)
- Nemo Sushi opened at 6505 W. Park Blvd
- Another Tuesday Morning store opened in Plano at 3304 N. Central Expressway
- Slim Chickens fast-casual restaurant opened at 6100 W. Park Blvd (in front of Home Depot)
- Cafe Izmir opened at 1921 Preston Rd specializing in dishes from Greece, Turkey, Lebanon and Iran.
- Rosa’s Cafe & Tortilla Factory opened at 420 Coit Rd (in front of Central Market)