Are you looking to volunteer? PSA is holding a “Pay It Forward Day” this Saturday, May 9th from 9am – 1pm at PSA 1 (6500 Preston Meadow, Plano). Many Plano not-for-profit organizations will be in the PSA 1 lobby for you to talk with and learn about including the following: Assistance Center of Collin County, Foundation for CHOICE, Plano Childrens’ Theatre, Habitat for Humanity Restore, Childrens’ Center for Pediatric Eating Disorders, This Side Up! Family Center. More info
The Plano Independent School District has fired two employees and will be removing doors from their “calm rooms” this summer after a five-month investigation by NBC5 found one elementary school using the room in a way which went against state law. Check this news story for details and info on the size and location of calm rooms at every Plano ISD school.
The city of Richardson has approved a Food Truck Park on Bishop Avenue, between Interurban and Central Expressway, north of Main Street. The plans call for five food trucks and outdoor seating at the circa 1951 house that’s been converted into an office for the owner. A bar will be housed in a converted shipping container. Plano approved a Food Truck Park in March for 14th Street and M Avenue.
Belk will be offering free mammograms to women 40+ on Wednesday, May 13th at the Belk Gives on the Go mobile center at the McKinney’s Belk (2750 S. Central Expressway, McKinney). You need to register at 855-655-2662.
- Shinola luxury goods retailer is opening store at 1039 E 15th St at by end of month. They sell watches, leather and bikes and the store will also house Willys Detroit, a sister store that sells fashion, home and apothecary brands.
- Snuffers Burgers plans to open at 4180 Belt Line Road, Addison on May 11th
- PediaQ will be launching an iPhone app for nurse practicioner house calls for Plano and Frisco parents.
- Verona Nails and Spa opened at 8408 Preston Rd
- BTH Bank will open mid-May at 1801 Preston Rd
- Prestige ER will open early May at 7940 Custer Rd
- Best of Bernina Sewing Center moved to 340 Coit Rd (Central Market)
- Picasso’s Italian Restaurant moved to 4152 W. Spring Creek Parkway
- Weir’s Furniture at 5801 Preston Rd expanded by 5,500 square feet