I recently saw a ranking of the best places to live for BBQ, and I’ve lived in several of them! My husband is craving BBQ, so I asked the moms where we should go. Lots of great responses, but someone needs to clue in my picky big kid that BBQ is awesome. Ugh. Here are the spots in the Plano area the moms recommend:
I love this pig at 3 Stacks
Lockharts Smokehouse Plano
1026 East 15th St, Plano map
- Lockharts downtown Plano
- Lockhart’s on the Plano Square!! Get the spicy Mac!!
- Lockhart Smokehouse Plano!
1301 North Tennessee St, McKinney map
9225 Preston Rd, Frisco map
- Hutchins BBQ in Mckinney
- Our favorite: Hutchins in McKinney!
- Hutchins is great.
Hard Eight BBQ
688 Freeport Parkway, Coppell map
- Our absolute favorite is Hard 8 in Coppell!
- Hard 8 in Coppell.
Ten 50 BBQ
1050 N Central Expy, Richardson map
1050 in Richardson!!
2408 Preston Rd, Plano map
- Smoke on Preston!!!!!
3 Stacks Smoke and Tap House
4226 Preston Rd, Frisco map
5760 Legacy Dr, Plano map
9828 Dallas Parkway, Frisco map
1790 N. Central Expressway, Allen map
- Rudy’s or Pappas are our faves. Lockhart’s in downtown Plano is good, too. Avoid dickey’s!
- Ruby’s in Allen and Hard 8 in Coppell
- Rudy’s in Allen is good too.
2702 Main Street, Dallas (Deep Ellum) map
Pecan Lodge in Dallas is totally worth the drive!
The Slow Bone
2234 Irving Blvd, Dallas map
if you want to drive to Dallas, the Slow Bone! (That makes me hungry just thinking about it!)