The Communities Foundation of Texas’ North Texas Giving Day is tomorrow, Thursday, September 22nd, 2016. If you’re planning to make donations to area non-profits THIS is the day to do it! Why?
There are $2.5 million in donated bonus funds and prizes to give to participating organizations, so by donating on 9/22 you are helping each non-profit get more of these funds. In 2015 the bonus fund percentage was 7.5%
There are over 75 prizes for participating nonprofits totaling more than $200K! Prizes include Most Donors and Largest Increase in Donors, so every $25 helps!
Things you should know:
- You must donate via NorthTexasGivingDay.org
- Your donation needs to be at least $25 to count for bonus gifts and prizes
- The total amount of your donation is fully tax-deductible.
- All donations will be paid to the chosen nonprofit minus a 5.09% fee which goes to credit card processing and technology free. You can opt to increase your donation to cover this fee.
- You may use the notes field on the donation form to express your desire that your gift be used for a specific program or project.
- You can utilize any employer matching gifts programs
So visit the website on Thursday and donate if you can! Not sure which organizations to help? Click on Category Search (right side of the top nav bar) and select a category near to your heart. Within each category you can filter by County or City to narrow down the list.