A mom who just moved to Plano from New Jersey emailed me looking for suggestions on how to help her kids make new friends. Since school is just about out this is a little more complicated, but doable! I came up with a few ideas, and though it was worth sharing. What else do you suggest?
- See if your neighborhood is on NextDoor, post to find out who is nearby.
- Volunteer! Check this post for opportunities.
- The Plano library offers some events they might like, including some software classes.
- Plano Park & Recreation offers a lot of classes. You can search their catalog here.
- Plano ISD offers summer programs, check them out here.
- Join a church. Many offer youth groups with activities.