Looking for some free (or nearly free) activities this summer? Check out this list, and make sure you check the PAM Calendar for other free (and cheap) events each week.
Register at KidsBowlFree.com to receive two free games of bowling every day this summer. Good Plano Super Bowl, Strikz Entertainment (Frisco) and Allen Bowl
Summer Movie Series
- Studio Movie Grill offers $3 kid movies May 25 – August 21. Check listings and locations here.
- Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse: $5/10 movies or $1/show at several area locations. Info here.
- Alamo Drafthouse Kids Camp (Richardson): $1-$3 kid movies with reserved seating, proceeds to local charities. Info here
- Cinemark 10 (Plano) New but not brand new movies at a steep discount (called the “dollar theater” even though it’s a little more than that). You can also sign up for weekly emails that include concession coupons. more info
- LOOK Cinema (North Dallas) $1 summer movies more info
- Allen: Celebration Park
- Addison: Addison Circle Park
- Carrollton: W. J. Thomas Splash Park PAM Review | The Fields at Carrollton Parkway,
- Frisco: Shepherds Glen, JR Newman, Bi Centennial Splash Pad (Hope Park) PAM Review
- Coppell: Main Street
- Plano: lots of special events happening (which are all on the PAM Calendar), some require pre-registration. Library cards are free to residents of Plano, Allen, Frisco, Garland, McKinney, Richardson, The Colony, and Wylie and $50 for others. Suburban DARE is a city-wide program initiated by the Library that dares you to get to know Plano! Learn about 15 city departments, get more involved as a resident of our City of Excellence and earn prize drawing entries along the way!
- Frisco: Mayor’s Summer Reading Challenge starts June 5th, visit the library to sign up. Lots of special events happening, most require you to get tickets prior to the event. You need a library card (free to residents of Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Plano, or The Colony, $50 for others) to get a ticket.
- Allen: Summer Reading Club June 6th – August 2nd with a kick off is June 13th from 10-11:30am. Get prizes for reading.
- McKinney: Reading Gives You Superpowers summer reading program kick off is Friday, June 5th from 10:30am-noon. Program ends Friday, August 21st – win prizes for reading. Also a Mother Daughter Book Club (ages 8-12).
- Vacation Safety School – A half-day camp offered by the Plano Police Department to Plano residents ages 6-9. Space is limited. More info here.
- Vacation Bible School – most programs are free! Check them out here.
- Jumpstart for Arts offered to ages 8 – 12. Applications must be picked up/filled out and returned to ArtCentre of Plano. Dates and ages here.
- Science Fair Booster Camp – grades 6-8, Haggard Library, August 11, 13, 18 & 20 5:30-8pm. Watch their calendar for registration.
- Sports Camp – ages 5-12 July 6-8 6:30-8:30pm at Elevate Life Church in Frisco. More info here.
- Crow Collection: Daily admission to the museum and Sculpture Garden is free (suggested donation is $7 for adults). Check their calendar for family yoga, Tai Chi, Introduction to Mandarin Chinese. Current exhibit info here.
- Dallas Museum of Art: always free! Ideas for Everyday Family Fun
- Nasher Sculpture Center: first Saturdays of the month are free and have special family programming
- Texas Discovery Gardens: The gardens are free each Tuesday (butterfly house admission is regular admission).
- Dallas Arboretum: check their website for current discounts
- Plano Community Band concerts at Haggard Park in June and July
- Murphy Sounds at Sundown Summer Concerts in June.
- Allen Summer Sounds Concerts Mondays in June
- The Colony Sunset Concert Series, monthly in June, July & August
- Frisco Music in the Square Saturdays in June
- Sounds of Lewisville Tuesdays in June and July
- Vitruvian Nights in Addison, every other Thursday through August 20
- Summer Fun Thursdays at The Shows at Willow Bend, 1pm Thursdays June 11 – July 30
- Showtime Saturdays at Galleria Dallas every Saturday at 11:30am
- Lucky Duck Kids Club at Watters Creek geared towards ages 2-6 (all ages welcome) on the third Thursday of each month at 11am
- Home Depot Kids Workshop – first Saturday of the month PAM Review
- Lowe’s Build & Grow – select Saturdays, registration required
- Michael’s Kids Club – $2 craft events on Saturdays
- The Lego Store – registration required
- Lakeshore Learning – free craft events on Saturdays
- Participate in one of the many activities on the Plano Suburban DARE program list of dares.
- Visit an area playground, or drive down to Klyde Warren Park
- Enjoy Friday Night Fireworks over Lake Grapevine every Friday night at the SummerBlast Fireworks Show starting at 9:30pm Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend
- Try Skating for Free Clinic at the Dr. Pepper StarCenters – a free two (2) week program for skaters ages 4 & above who are interested in learning how to ice-skate. All participants will receive thirty (30) minutes of isntruction each week for two (2) weeks.