The State Fair of Texas opens today! It’s easy to spend a ton of money enjoying the fair, so here are a few ways to save. If you’ve got other suggestions please share via a post comment!
Tickets at the gate are $18 for adults and $14 for seniors (age 60+) and kids under 48″ tall. Kids under 3 are free. Season passes are $39.95 and can be purchased online or at Kroger. Coupons (used for rides and food/beverages) are 50 cents each. Parking is $15.
$189 Family 4-Pack saves you $25 and is delivered right to your home. Combo package Includes: 4 General Admission tickets & 300 Food/Ride coupons. Combo Packages are ONLY available online.
Friday, September 30
Friday, September 30: Bring a full 20 oz. bottle of Dasani water (or any 20 oz. Coca-Cola product) for donation to the North Texas Food Bank to State Fair gates and get a coupon for half price admission on opening day (September 30, 2016). One donation per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Any Day Discounts
Buy Tickets Online
$16 for adult admission and $12 for kids (under 48″). You can print your tickets at home or have them mailed free of charge! This is $2 off the gate price and there is no convienence fee.
Kroger & Walgreens
General Admission tickets are $16.50. (see above for a better deal!)
Bring an empty Dr Pepper can after 5pm each day and admission is half price. One donation per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Discount coupons are available at McDonald’s locations throughout North Texas on tray liners and bag stuffers. Bring coupon to the gate and save $5 off general admission tickets or half off a children’s tickets (with purchase of general admission). One coupon per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Plano ISD Sundays
Check your child’s backpack for a free admission ticket that includes a $1 off coupon for another admission ticket and a free kid’s buffet deal.
Bring an empty Dr Pepper can and receive a coupon for a $5 admission ticket. One can per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Most rides are offered at a reduced price on Tuesdays
North Texas Food Bank Donation
Bring 4 cans of food for donation to State Fair gates any Wednesday of the Fair and receive a coupon for a $4 admission ticket. One (4 can) donation per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Bring an empty 20 oz. bottle of a Coca-Cola product and receive a coupon for a $6 admission ticket to the State Fair. One donation per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Free admission any Thursday for senior citizens (age 60+). Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
Participating food vendors will offer one of their signature menu items at a reduced price
First Responder Day, Friday October 14
Free admission to all active and retired public law enforcement, firefighters, paramedics and other emergency services agencies. You must present a valid badge or ID card from your department or organization and you get up to three admission tickets for your family members!
Save $5 on general admission tickets on Fridays. Download and print a coupon from the KISS-FM website. (this doesn’t seem to be online yet) Bring the coupon to the gate and admission to the Fair is $13. One coupon per person. Discount may not be combined with any other offers.
- Bring your own snacks and water. Coolers are allowed (no glass, metal or alcohol)
- Bring a stroller, even if your child is old enough to walk. No one wants to spend money renting a stroller!
- Don’t forget the hand sanitizer!
- Go on a weekday if you can, it won’t be as crowded
- Use the online map to plan out what you want to see – there is a ton!
- Keep it simple and use their Guided Itineraries to help you target about a dozen activities (with a map and descriptions) for either Family Fun, Animal Encounters, Arts & Entertainment, Food or Evening Events.
- As soon as you arrive go to the nearest information stand and tag your lkids with a Safe Kids ID Band just in case they get lost.
- There are changing tables in every women’s restroom and most men’s restrooms. There is also an air-conditioned Baby Care station near the intersection of Nimitz Drive and MLK Jr. Boulevard, across from the Children’s Health Barnyard.
State Fair of Texas
September 30 – October 23, 2016
Fair Park, Dallas